What is Google Shopping Feed?
We all are familiar to Google & this is now enlisted as a synonym of search in dictionary because we searched everything on it. So, according to our search priority Google added some extra tabs to filter your searches. The tabs are: videos, images, maps, shopping, apps, news, books etc. After searching on google using this tab you can filter your search results to your choice. For example, if you are looking for a video you can press on video tab & Google will show only videos.
And that’s how Google launched it’s feature for e-commerce merchants named Google shopping & using this you can search global products by google & it’ll fetch all products from different e-commerce sites according to your demand. It saves your time of searching products by visiting many sites & you can also get a knowledge of price comparison within a short moment.
So, it has been a great tool for the people who usually purchase products from online shops. And that’s why shop owners are now connecting to their buyers via Google shopping which is technically done by Google shopping feed.
Google Shopping feed a list of data in raw format like: xml or excel that is importable from different sites as a list & from that list Google shows the products to the customers. And the web owners design their sites in terms of Google shopping feed so that they can easily send their product to Google for better search result.
Sales Boosting Techniques
Now we go through the title that how can it be a sales booster for your products. Here are some quick tips:
- First search for the products similar to your product. That means first search for your competitor products. Then study the results of google shopping. So, you can now get an idea of the decoration of your competitors. Now choose the almost same titles, keywords & other tags. So, if you get 5 competitor products then take all their info for your product. As a result you’ll be greater than any individual product.
- Make an easier product feed. Remember your customers will come from the web & nobody waste their time by searching with many sentences. They will use short but sharp terms of their requirements. So, you need to make shorter buy informative product feed which will be more specific to your customers.
- Be automated. That means use plugin or module to make product feed automatically for google shopping. If you are running a wooocmmerce based wordpress website for your web store, I’ll recommend Woocommerce Product Feed for high level product feeding. It will cover not only google merchant but also 100+ other shopping engines with custom mapping for SEO advantage.
- Use product image for information highlight. As you know Google shopping will show a thumbnail of searched products. This thumbnail contains a product image, title, price & vendor name. So, if you want to show some information from google there is no space except using image. But it doesn’t mean use excessive words or silly description for show. It can be an abstract description of your product where a customer can understand the total specification only seeing the image.
Things to Remember
Finally I must say don’t be so freak of posting products and always keep remember the following tips:
- Before tagging your products from your competitors do some research on that keywords because competitors may make any mistakes.
- Always keep your product feed sync to google. Otherwise, it may generate broken link for crawlers. In that case, Woocommerce product feed plugin is very effective.
- Don’t take photos from competitors because there remains some hidden information inside the photos. So, it may cause penalty for you.
- Keep attention of spelling. For example: if you type ‘calcualtor’ instead of ‘calculator’ it can change the total SEO results.
- Finally always be updated with Google Shopping algorithm so that you can always hold your position by style.